Quantity Surveyor (91.1) - HS2 - London
- Inputting to the efficient and
effective management and issuing of accurate, timely and compliant notices
- Preparation or assessment of
applications, valuations, cost/value reconciliation.
- Cost control and forecasting.
Prepare and provide input to monthly reports: value, cost, profit/loss,
cash flow and budget.
- Preparation and agreement of
applications for payment or the assessment & preparation of payment
- Assisting with Risk and Value
Management to optimise solution. Monitor and regularly review with the
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to
- Contract Management, including all
relevant contractual forms, methods of budgetary control and relevant
- Prepare supply chain enquiries,
negotiate, administer and finalise / close out supply chain contracts.
- Ensure all notifications/documents
are managed in accordance with the contract, and customer / company
- Ongoing liaison with site team,
subcontractors and Customers’ representatives
- Undertake record-keeping including
but not limited to collating site records, the preparation of meeting
packs, meeting invites and taking meeting minutes
- Provide contractual advice to the
project / site team as and when appropriate.
- Maintaining awareness of the
different construction contracts in current use
- Understanding the implications of
health and safety regulations.
- Ensure all health, safety and
environmental risk situations are brought to the attention of Contract
Leader / Project Manager.
- Understand the Client and Joint
Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and
statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure
that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are
implemented on the project.
- Holds an RICS/CICES accredited
Degree (or equivalent) OR enrolled on an accredited part-time
post-graduate degree with at least three years of relevant experience OR
can demonstrate a similar level of experience and competency obtained in
a built environment or other relevant industry exceeding 5 years.
- Demonstrated progression from an
assisting role to a package management leading role. Documentary evidence of attaining competencies in
quantity surveying. Positive
- Responsible and/or accountable for project or package financial performance and positive commercial outcomes.
- Experience setting up cost coding or filing systems, systems for reporting and measuring progress and different forms of communication such as verbal, telephone, e-mail, web-based or bespoke contract management suites such as CEMAR or Asite.
- Experience utilising schedules, trackers, bespoke document and contract management suites such as Asite, CEMAR, Sharepoint, Assetwise
- Experience completing tasks and finding solutions such as successful main and subcontract final accounts or implementation of compensation events.
- Participation in Early Warning Meetings, Risk Reduction Meetings, maintaining minutes or registers.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
STRABAG demonstrates their leading role in tunnelling with the execution of large international projects. Our technical and organisational know-how as well as years of comprehensive experience offer our clients a guarantee for safe and technically perfect project implementation. We offer various tunnel building methods and continuously adapt and perfect these to address the specific problems of each individual project.
Weitere interessante Jobs