Commercial Manager (COM-WST-08) - HS2 - London
Supporting the Advanced Critical Activities Team
Project Leader in mobilising the necessary resources to site to maintain HS2
programme and budget. Leading and managing a diverse team of commercial people.
Will be self-motivated, disciplined and commercially astute with the ability to
identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks, taking ownership
and responsibility. Shall have oversight of the implementation and ongoing
assurance that the project’s governance and any contract specific requirements
are adhered to.
Excellent communication and customer facing
skills are a must, along with working as part of a team promoting our JV
culture and values. Will consider problems as a challenge, collect information
relevant to the problem, be disciplined in ascertaining the root cause,
identify and develop a practical solution, communicate the findings and
implement action to resolve the problem.
- Take a leading role in multi-disciplinary “Squad” reviews to influence and determine procurement and packaging strategies.
- Active participant in collaborative multi-disciplinary planning meetings.
- Devising tender competition strategies and scoring matrices to ensure that the most appropriate supply chain is engaged.
- Commenting upon and drafting of subcontract works information, site information and tender documentation.
- Drafting Subcontract Data, selecting contractual options, drafting schedules of variations to contract, assessing subcontract scope to draft pricing schedules.
- Reviewing all tender documentation to ensure consistency and compatibility with contractual and project requirements.
- Setting strategies for and responding to tender queries, leading mid and post tender interviews.
- Tender reviewer and verifying and validating of tender reports and recommendations.
- Approving subcontracts for governance and execution.
- Commercial management of significant subcontract packages through to final certification including change control and management.
- Budget setting, forecasting and reporting.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
- RICS/CICES accredited Degree (or equivalent)
- Full Membership of RICS or CICES (or equivalent)
- Post-graduate commercial experience in the construction industry with demonstrable track record of achievement
- Demonstrable financial and commercial acumen
- Extensive experience of drafting effective contractual correspondence and the facilitation of collaborative solutions
- Demonstrable legal, contractual and construction knowledge and experience
- Experience in implementing and delivering strategic objectives and associated change programmes
- Confidence and ability to assert influence
creative, strategic and innovative approach to problem-solving
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
STRABAG demonstrates their leading role in tunnelling with the execution of large international projects. Our technical and organisational know-how as well as years of comprehensive experience offer our clients a guarantee for safe and technically perfect project implementation. We offer various tunnel building methods and continuously adapt and perfect these to address the specific problems of each individual project.