Engineer - Risk (RSK-WST-02) - HS2 - London
the Risk Manager in development and administration of risk management and
loss-prevention programmes. Research and report on the most cost effective
plans to minimize asset liability. Helping to perform quantitative cost and
schedule risk assessment (QCRA and QSRA). Reporting to the Risk Manager.
The 'Engineer - Risk' (AKA Risk Engineer) is responsible for:
- Assisting the Risk Manager to establish and implement an overall risk management process for the project;
- Risk assessment, which involves analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the project;
- Engaging with the different teams in order to achieve an overall understanding of the project risks and their interdependencies;
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the project such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the project's previous handling of risks;
- Providing information to the Risk Manager to assist risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences (e.g. Project Director, Department Heads, ExCo Board, etc.) to ensure risk awareness at all project levels, specific parts of the JV business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks;
- Helping the Risk Manager to carry out audits of policy and compliance to standards;
- Providing support and training to staff to build risk awareness within the project;
- Close collaboration with and guidance of the project team in identifying risks and mitigation measures;
- Assisting the Risk Manager to assemble and evaluate risks and mitigation measures with support by other disciplines;
- Interfacing with other disciplines to enable optimal solutions to be established.
- Degree in
civil engineering or an appropriate
experience in risk management functions in civil engineering projects
- Competence in
risk management software, e.g. Xactium, ARM or
- Strong communication
skills at all levels
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
STRABAG demonstrates their leading role in tunnelling with the execution of large international projects. Our technical and organisational know-how as well as years of comprehensive experience offer our clients a guarantee for safe and technically perfect project implementation. We offer various tunnel building methods and continuously adapt and perfect these to address the specific problems of each individual project.
Weitere interessante Jobs