Procurement Manager (Central) - HS2 - London
Reporting to the Senior
Procurement Manager, accountable for:
- Procurement in accordance with SCS Way Policies, Procedures and standards
- Working in accordance with the Project Procurement Plan (strategy)
- Manage relationships with all stakeholders involved in the procurement process ensuring stakeholders are dealt with in a professional, open and collaborative way
- Coordinate with all stakeholders including design, delivery, commercial, HSW, quality, environment and planning functions to ensure the projects requirements are reflected in the procurement process for every procurement
- Represents procurement department at project meetings, presenting information as required
- Control and manage every procurement in a timely way to ensure continuity of the works and programme
- Works to and updates progress in the procurement schedule and inputs into the reporting of procurement activity as required by project controls requirements
- Develop and issue all enquiries ensuring they include robust tender documentation and clarity of projects requirements that seek to obtain value for money at all times
- Ensure that accurate and logical tender evaluations are produced to demonstrate value for money
- Conducts supplier meetings and negotiations for all packages to ensure value for money for the project is the objective
- Produce recommendations for internal and Employer approval, prior to placing orders
- Prepare and issue all subcontracts
- Managing procurement staff allocated to them
- Contribute to developing individuals within the procurement team providing tailored training as appropriate
- Ensure appropriate training and professional development for yourself
- Work with the supply chain manager to facilitate supply chain performance reviews and improve levels of performance of the supply chain
- Work efficiently and professionally during periods of pressure
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
- Previous experience as Procurement Manager on a major project, including managing direct staff
- Experience of working on infrastructure projects
- Working knowledge and application of NEC contract
- Demonstrable negotiating skills and securing best value outcomes
- Working knowledge with Electronic Procurement Systems
- Excellent communicator and influencer with ability to build effective relationships
- Experience of working on major civil engineering or rail projects
- Experience of working with Network Rail
to be working towards CIPS
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
STRABAG demonstrates their leading role in tunnelling with the execution of large international projects. Our technical and organisational know-how as well as years of comprehensive experience offer our clients a guarantee for safe and technically perfect project implementation. We offer various tunnel building methods and continuously adapt and perfect these to address the specific problems of each individual project.
Weitere interessante Jobs