Senior Tunnel Superintendent - SCL (S-ENG-05) - HS2 - London
The Senior Tunnelling Superintendent, AKA SCL Tunnelling
Engineering Manager for Lot S2, reporting to the Area Lead Construction Manager
and Lead SCL Manager.
- Advise the construction and design teams on practical aspects of SCL construction.
- Monitor design progress to ensure safety on construction is considered at all stages.
- Assist SCS SCL Manager with resourcing and programming the SCL tunnelling works project wide (Plant, labour, Materials.).
- Leading a Section project team, including subcontractors, suppliers and 3rd parties, including implementation of the health, safety, environmental and quality standards into construction planning and works.
- Promoting and monitoring the roll out and implementation of SCS values and behaviours.
- Ensuring health and safety is given the highest priority in the delivery of the works.
- Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Ensure that the Health Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures are effectively communicated to the workforce and implemented.
- Ensuring all work is pre-planned in detail through method statements and risk analysis.
- Issuing a Section RACI matrix in line with the project organisation.
- Work collaboratively with the HS2 team and other contractors, subcontractors works packages to achieve the overall project goals.
- Conducting buildability reviews to integrate construction requirements and best practice into the construction programme and target price.
- Development and submission of construction phase plans.
Producing in cooperation with other disciplines construction related H&S, environment and quality documents in line with the construction programme.
- Assessment of construction risks, development and implementation of mitigation measures including allocating responsibilities within the team and ensuring that suitable mitigation plans are in place and monitored.
- Development and implementation of Stage Two mobilisation activities.
- Ensuring sufficient competent resources are in place to deliver the construction of the project and the effective and efficient management of those resources.
- Working with the planning team to develop and maintain and monitor a robust programme that is cascaded and understood by the entire construction team.
- Working with the Design managers to ensure designs in place in line with the programme requirements.
- Managing the supply chain to ensure that they deliver in an efficient way and in accordance with the Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements.
- Understands costs and budget allowances for the section of works.
- Understands the scope of the works and can identify change.
- Promoting the pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement, driving innovation, adopting best practice, standard processes and procedures.
- Guiding and developing the Construction team in terms of skills & competencies as well as encouraging behaviours / cultures supporting collaboration.
- Ensuring and overseeing the professional development and progression of staff and ensure that all necessary training and briefings are identified and provided for the team.
- Upskilling the Construction team to deliver a next generation Construction approach and continuous improvement.
Setting clear goals and objectives, roles and responsibilities for the construction team and ensuring good clear communication throughout the team.
- Ensuring that the construction team provide support and assistance to other teams as necessary including the provision of all information for tracking and monitoring progress of the project.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
hoc duties as required by the job.
Required qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes:
knowledge of modern SCL construction in the UK
experience of SCL tunneling at a senior managerial level in Europe
of SCL tunneling in a Self Assurance contract environment
to implement SCL tunneling to ensure highest levels of health and safety
are consistently achieved
to implement SCL tunneling to ensure the highest levels of quality are
to use innovation wherever possible to improve all aspects of the SCL
- Degree or equivalent
in civil engineering
experience in a leading Construction Management function in a civil
engineering project of similar size
knowledge of the development and implementation of CMP and construction
- Knowledge of
Environmental Minimum Requirements (including Code of Construction
of all facets of the construction process with strong ability for planning
knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules,
regulations and quality standards
with construction management software packages eg P6
leadership, communication and conflict management skills
- Relevant CSCS
- A Chartered
member of a relevant professional body
- Track record
of developing a proactive and collaborative relationship with the Customer
- Ability to
establish and lead a safety first culture with a track record of
delivering projects safely.
- Experience of
working in an environment of a complex structure of stakeholders and
ability to maintain good relationships throughout
interpersonal and leadership skills with a focus on the development of
people in the team to realize their potential
- Able to
demonstrate the application of systems and construction processes that
develop a results driven culture of excellence throughout the project team
- Can demonstrate
leading supply chain relationships to bring innovation and best practice to the
project within a commercial framework that ensures delivery to programme and
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
STRABAG demonstrates their leading role in tunnelling with the execution of large international projects. Our technical and organisational know-how as well as years of comprehensive experience offer our clients a guarantee for safe and technically perfect project implementation. We offer various tunnel building methods and continuously adapt and perfect these to address the specific problems of each individual project.
Weitere interessante Jobs