Senior Surveyor (SUR-WST-01) - HS2 - London
Engineering Survey team is employed to deliver the geospatial capabilities
required to efficiently and accurately deliver the works in accordance with the
contract requirements. As part of this
team, the role of a Senior Engineering Surveyor is to manage Engineering Survey
teams in order to efficiently implement the Survey Managers strategy for
project engineering surveying whilst liaising with other project disciplines
and understand the current project requirements and ensure the successful
implementation of engineering survey across all areas of the project.
- Management of Engineering Survey teams and site activities.
- Liasing with other project disciplines for the management of engineering survey activities across project teams, areas and subcontractors.
- Ensuring the current best practice and most efficient methods of engineering survey out are communicated and used throughout SCS.
- Advise the Survey Manager of resources required so as not to impede the construction programme.
- Auditing and assisting subcontractors for compliance with SCS survey procedures.
- Implement strategies, standard methods & procedures (SM&Ps) and time-tables that fulfil HS2 requirements
- Ensure compliance and aptness of
relevant risk assessments and method statements with regards to survey
- Be responsible for the safety and
wellbeing of themselves and their colleagues. Be familiar with, and
demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and
- Implement the relevant
requirements of the Safety Management System within their area of
the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies,
Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations
and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are
implemented on the project.
- Degree in Land Surveying or Engineering Surveying or ONC/B Tec in Land Surveying or Engineering Surveying or Membership of a relevant professional institution such as the ICES
- Suitable exposure to projects and schemes where acquired experience is in the field of Engineering Surveying, managing teams of engineering surveyors or activities.
- Experience of TBM/SCL tunneling and associated works will be advantageous.
- A willingness to working a shift pattern.
- Extensive Engineering Survey hardware and software expertise.
- Relevant CSCS Card and membership of CICES
commitment to punctuality is required to ensure timely delivery of Engineering
Survey task in order not to delay the programme.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
STRABAG demonstrates their leading role in tunnelling with the execution of large international projects. Our technical and organisational know-how as well as years of comprehensive experience offer our clients a guarantee for safe and technically perfect project implementation. We offer various tunnel building methods and continuously adapt and perfect these to address the specific problems of each individual project.