Project Head of Health, Safety, Security & Wellbeing (PLATTD) - HS2 - London
project Head of HSSW, you will be heading up a team of up to 10 people and
responsible for the HSSW of your £1bn+ project. You will support the HSSW
Director and your project Senior Leadership Team to ensure the highest of
standards in Health, Safety, Security & Wellbeing are upheld on your
will be accountable for providing proactive leadership on the project in line
with SCS values to embed and drive a positive health, safety and wellbeing
culture. As a key member of the project senior leadership team you will have
the ability to recognise and develop site specific strategic opportunities and
focus resource to meet the project needs.
Based out of Euston, this project will mainly consist of large complex SCL
Old Oak Common – Based out of Old Oak Common, this project will consist of
7 TBMs, 4 Shafts and complex logistics movements.
West Ruislip – Based in West Ruislip, this
project will consist of 2 TBMs, significant groundworks and 2 shafts.
- Leading the project Health, Safety, Security and wellbeing team to support the development of the contract design and safe construction whilst influencing best practice and innovation.
- Establishing a strong relationship with the SCS HSSW Core Team and managing your project in accordance with any direction.
- Providing operational and functional management advice to the design and delivery teams on the practical implementation of the company’s HSS policies and processes including external stakeholders such as customers if necessary.
- Utilising the wider HSS teams and experience in the SCS businesses to provide the right level of expert advice into the project
- Ensuring the design teams consider H, S and W and influence the designing out of these risks
- Forming strong relationships with the Client ensuring the benefits of SCS are understood and influence the provision of the relevant support framework.
- Providing operational and functional management with advice on the prevention of accidents, incidents and ill health
- Providing a mentoring role to the SCSJV delivery team.
- Undertaking and/or assisting Contract Management in establishing, managing and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders such as local authorities, HSE, EA, and others as required and directed
- Providing advice, guidance and independence with regards to the assessing and managing the supply chain.
- Researching Safety, Health and Wellbeing Issues and best practices.
- Undertake and/or assist with the monitoring, analysis of and reporting of HSS performance. Utilising data to highlight areas of further consideration, evaluation and intervention
- Assisting and/ or manage the investigation of accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses and other incidents as directed.
- Assisting in the preparation and implementation of HSS training/ briefings, as directed.
- Promoting best practice, capture best practice and ensure it is fed-back into the business
- Setting standards and lead by example in the management of HSSW
- Liaising with the other members of the HSSW Team and the wider organisation (Skanska, Costain and Strabag) and HS2 with regards to HSSW
- Maintaining own level of knowledge and competency in relations to HSSW Management and responsibilities including appropriate qualifications and professional membership
- Obtaining competency cards in line with the company Competence Card Compliance Standard
the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Policies, Processes and statutory
requirements as they affect the company's operations.
- Safety, Health and Environmental Diploma, degree or equivalent NCRQ or NVQ
- Working towards CMIOSH or equivalent
- Strong H&S related experience
- Major and/or Mega Project Experience
- Experience of managing large teams.
- Collaborative Behaviour
- Safety, Health and/or Environmental Degree
- Institute of Leadership and Management Level 5
- Training Qualifications
- CMIOSH or equivalent
- 10 years relevant SHE experience in construction/engineering
industry and management and training of others
- Framework Behaviours: Persuasive, Socially
Confident, Democratic, Adaptable
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
STRABAG demonstrates their leading role in tunnelling with the execution of large international projects. Our technical and organisational know-how as well as years of comprehensive experience offer our clients a guarantee for safe and technically perfect project implementation. We offer various tunnel building methods and continuously adapt and perfect these to address the specific problems of each individual project.
Weitere interessante Jobs