CAD Technician (C-BIM-04) - HS2 - London
role is a responsible for management and coordination of CAD information
through ProjectWise to assure alignment with the client’s requirements.
The CAD Technician
is responsible for:
- Produce 2D/3D site layout plans, cross-sections and details to support the construction team in the detailed planning of the project
- Implement CAD standards to ensure the required quality of drawings is maintained
- Support the BIM lead with input to the 3D model as required
- Assist in the creation of CAD drawings to assist the Project
- Work closely with the engineering team assisting with any CAD requirements
- Produce 3D sections from surveys
- Utilise survey data to produce engineering drawings
- Work closely with CAD Manager and BIM Coordinator
- Previous experience as a CAD technician for civil engineering work. Experience in other industries and disciplines will be considered.
- Skills with 2D and 3D drafting
- A strong work ethic and an enthusiasm to learn and develop
- Certified Bentley software professional
- Microstation, AecoSIM & Projectwise experience
- Bentley Railtrack, In Roads and Power Civils is desirable
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
STRABAG demonstrates their leading role in tunnelling with the execution of large international projects. Our technical and organisational know-how as well as years of comprehensive experience offer our clients a guarantee for safe and technically perfect project implementation. We offer various tunnel building methods and continuously adapt and perfect these to address the specific problems of each individual project.