Site Superintendent - Utility Diversions (UTL-EST-03) - HS2 - London
Reporting directly to the Utility Manager.
Required to assist in all aspects of utility/project management
responsibilities within one of the three delivery areas. They are to support
the Utility Manager in delivering multi-million pound value utility diversions
and protection works and as such will manage health & safety, commercial
and operation requirements across a number of supply chain partners and the
main SCS construction teams.
- Manage the progression of any actions required for the diversion, disconnection or protection of assets with the statutory undertakers for those assets.
- Assist where required in the day to day project management of all utility works in the work area, assuming an operational management position as part of a team with responsibility for high value supply chain delivery.
- Manage the integration of planned utility works with the designers to ensure they are designed and planned in a realistic and achievable manner.
- Actively pursue value engineering opportunities for the works within their sector, championing effective opportunities across the project.
- Work with the project team to effectively deliver a range of high complexity construction works to safeguard utility assets along the HS2 route.
HS2 and SCS values across the works, reducing waste, emissions and carbon
- Understanding of utility companies, procedures and requirements
- Understanding of street works and excavations
- Strong understanding of common software applications, Microsoft, Adobe etc
- Experience in managing utility projects
- Utility industry expertise, particularly gas or water
qualified in a relevant engineering discipline
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
STRABAG demonstrates their leading role in tunnelling with the execution of large international projects. Our technical and organisational know-how as well as years of comprehensive experience offer our clients a guarantee for safe and technically perfect project implementation. We offer various tunnel building methods and continuously adapt and perfect these to address the specific problems of each individual project.
weitere interessante Jobs