Environmental Advisor - HS2 - London
Advisor, forming part of the wider Environment and Sustainability team, to support
the delivery of the construction and handover over phase of the HS2 Main Works
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the contract's operations and ensure that the requirements are implemented on the project.
- Provide Environmental compliance advice to various team, including construction, procurement and subcontractors and suppliers on the practical implementation of contract policies, processes and requirements. Identify and provide training and upskilling required to fulfill environmental responsibilities of various delivery team roles.
- Identify and communicate environmental and sustainability risks and mitigations, assisting with the review and undertaking of risk assessments and method statements. Providing critical on-site presence and advice to the delivery team.
- Drive awareness for and delivery against contract targets, particularly reducing Carbon and striving to achieve no-net loss in biodiversity and BREEAM ‘Excellent’ rating. Drive innovation and continuous improvement throughout the contract team.
- Provide advice and guidance, and where necessary assist with the obtaining legal consents, licenses and exemptions.
- Maintain good working relationships with external stakeholders such as local authorities, Natural England, EA, Thames Water and others as required and directed.
works are in line with the Environmental Management System, certified to ISO
14001:2015, ensuring it remains appropriate to all contract risks. Monitor and
collect date to aid reporting against performance against targets. Undertake a
program of inspections and audits, including targeted risk monitoring, both on
site and within the supply chain. Assist with any external audits, parent
company, client and certification bodies were required.
- Environmental advisory experience in the environment and construction industry, ideally projects in rail, highways or tunneling.
- Degree or equivalent in Environmental Sciences or suitably applicable fields. Associate or Practitioner Member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or equivalent and internal auditing experience ideally.
- Good organisation and time
management skills, able to work independently and off their own
initiative. Confident speaker with experience preparing and delivering
a passion for the Environment and Sustainability, driving innovation and a
desire to positively influence and develop those around them
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Please note: Currently we are unable to offer sponsorship therefore all applicants are requested to ensure they can demonstrate their right to work in the UK.
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
STRABAG demonstrates their leading role in tunnelling with the execution of large international projects. Our technical and organisational know-how as well as years of comprehensive experience offer our clients a guarantee for safe and technically perfect project implementation. We offer various tunnel building methods and continuously adapt and perfect these to address the specific problems of each individual project.
Weitere interessante Jobs