Environmental Area Manager (W-ENV-01) - HS2 - London
Senior member of the site-based Environment team, providing
the primary source of Environmental expertise to support delivery of the
construction and handover over phase of the HS2 Main Works Civils Contract.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the contract's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
- Provide operational and functional management advise to the design and construction team on the practical implementation of contract policies and processes. Provide specialist support to the commercial team for any scope changes, early warnings or other formal communications required with the client on environment matters.
- Drive awareness for and delivery against contract targets, particularly reducing Carbon and striving to achieve no-net loss in biodiversity and BREEAM ‘Excellent’ rating.
- Provide advice and guidance, and where necessary assist with the obtaining legal consents, licenses and exemptions.
- Maintain good working relationships with external stakeholders such as local authorities, Natural England, EA, Thames Water and others as required and directed.
- Ensure works are in line with the Environmental Management System, certified to ISO 14001:2015, ensuring it remains appropriate to all contract risks. Collect data, monitor and report performance against targets and drive innovation and continuous improvement throughout the contract team.
- Develop and manage program of inspections
and audits, including targeted risk monitoring, both on site and within the
supply chain. Assist with any external audits, parent company, client and
- Environmental management experience in the construction industry, ideally large infrastructure projects in rail, highways or tunneling.
- Chartered Environmentalist, Full Member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or equivalent and lead auditor qualifications.
- Excellent organisation,
communication and time management skills, able to demonstrate ability to
successfully line manage and provide leadership and initiative.
- Project management and commercial awareness skills required.
a passion for the Environment and Sustainability, driving innovation and an
ability and desire to positively influence and develop those around them.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
STRABAG demonstrates their leading role in tunnelling with the execution of large international projects. Our technical and organisational know-how as well as years of comprehensive experience offer our clients a guarantee for safe and technically perfect project implementation. We offer various tunnel building methods and continuously adapt and perfect these to address the specific problems of each individual project.