Logistics Manager (LOG-OOC-02) - HS2 - London
The Area Logistics Managers will join the
SCS Logistics team that manages construction logistics across the HS2 main
works. They will be responsible for Logistics operations for a geographic area
of the S1/S2 area and ensuring effective planning, execution and review. The Area
Logistics Managers will be expected to work as a team providing support, cover
and developing best practice.
The role is aimed at Logistics
professionals and other construction specialists who can demonstrate a
track-record of achievement in project, people and client management in the
on 40 hours per week with flexible start and finish times. Within
06:00-19:00hrs Monday to Friday with occasional night and weekend working
subject to operational requirements.
- Ensuring a safe operation complying with the
SCS company safety system
- Optimising efficiency in operation of human and
- Forecasting and capacity planning within site
and HS2 Environmental Statement constraints
- Managing effective coordination between the
Control Tower, site operations and suppliers
- Effective issue resolution
- Site logistics operations
- Construction logistics planning and Construction Logistics Plans
- Vehicle management system
- Booking-in process
- HGV compliance
- Performance reporting
- Goods receipt and stock control
- Highways & transport management
- Rail operations
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English (essential)
- Good organisation skills (essential)
- Good IT skills eg Excel, Word (essential)
- Be a team player
- Be a problem solver
- Have a positive attitude
- Be an enthusiastic and quick learner
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
STRABAG demonstrates their leading role in tunnelling with the execution of large international projects. Our technical and organisational know-how as well as years of comprehensive experience offer our clients a guarantee for safe and technically perfect project implementation. We offer various tunnel building methods and continuously adapt and perfect these to address the specific problems of each individual project.
Weitere interessante Jobs