Head of Materials (London)
We are seeking an exceptional individual to lead our team of site based materials
engineers along with our UKAS accredited materials testing team. The candidate
will have overall control of our UKAS laboratory and the material engineering
team. The Head of Materials
and Testing will be responsible for leading the team and ensuring related deliverables; specifications, material
compliance and testing procedures are delivered on time and to the required
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might
be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies
for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore
what is possible for the role.
- High level management of materials engineers team, via the senior materials engineers, ensuring compliance with the SCSJV and associated standards.
- Manage the high level running of a UKAS accredited materials testing laboratory, predominantly (but not exclusively) dealing with excavated material classification and concrete testing. Oversight that the laboratory is maintaining UKAS standards through liaison with the laboratory managers.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the requirements of the (HS2) MCHW Series specification and the implications on materials acceptance and testing.
- Provide early assistance and guidance for the construction and design team on the use of construction materials and their impact on the works.
- Ensure that SCSJV systems, British Standards, HS2 and associated standards deliverables are being maintained throughout the materials team.
- Manage the liaison with the quality team, construction team and designers on quality implications and issues arising from on site operations and actions.
- Forward planning and management of overall budgetary controls and personnel requirements of the laboratory and materials team as the works progress.
- Liaise with the commercial, construction and design team on materials and/or specification change implications within a target cost contract.
- Recruitment, training and mentoring of the materials engineering and laboratory team.
to the Project Directors and senior construction team for efficient delivery of
data and analysis of your teams results
Qualification and Experience Required:
- Minimum HNC in Materials Engineering
- Experience in Tunnelling and Earthworks,
- Ability to show substantial leadership and management capabilities in dealing with
a large team on a complex project.
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
STRABAG demonstrates their leading role in tunnelling with the execution of large international projects. Our technical and organisational know-how as well as years of comprehensive experience offer our clients a guarantee for safe and technically perfect project implementation. We offer various tunnel building methods and continuously adapt and perfect these to address the specific problems of each individual project.
Weitere interessante Jobs