Assistant Procurement Manager (PROC-CRE-08) - HS2 - London
to Procurement Manager The Assistant Procurement Manager will be accountable for:
- Procurement in accordance with SCS Way Policies, Procedures and standards
- Working in accordance with the Project Procurement Plan (strategy)
- Carry out procurement in an ethical, transparent and fair way
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Procurement in accordance with procurement process and governance ensuring transparency and fairness always
- Supporting the Procurement Manager with the procurement of subcontract packages, including determining the requirements, developing enquiry documents, issuing tender inquiries, completing tender evaluations, producing award recommendations
- Coordinating with stakeholders in the procurement process to ensure inclusiveness and robustness for every procurement
- Work to and updates progress of packages allocated to them in the procurement schedule and inputs into the reporting of procurement activity as required by project controls requirements
- Supporting the Procurement Manager with the timely production of Subcontract documents
- Participating in, and chairing meetings for Subcontract packages allocated
- Work with our internal Supply Chain Managers to assist in performance measurement and improvements.
- Ability to work efficiently and professionally during periods of pressure
- Assist with Supply chain events
- Strong Procurement Experience in a construction/civils environment
- Good experience with subcontract procurement
- Effective communication skills and ability to work closely with internal and external customers
- Competent application of computer skills
- Basic understanding of NEC Subcontract
- Negotiation and Analytical skills
- Effective communicator and ability to build effective relationships
- Knowledge and experience with electronic procurement systems
- Working towards membership of relevant professional bodies e.g. MCIPS
- Use of e-procurement
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
STRABAG demonstrates their leading role in tunnelling with the execution of large international projects. Our technical and organisational know-how as well as years of comprehensive experience offer our clients a guarantee for safe and technically perfect project implementation. We offer various tunnel building methods and continuously adapt and perfect these to address the specific problems of each individual project.