Agent - TBM Tunnels/Walkways (CNS-WST-69) HS2 - London
The Role of the Agent for TBM Tunnels and Walkways is to:
- Take control of the management of resources within a section or area as designated by
the Project Manager.
- Lead and drive the Works to progress, in accordance with the Contract Programme, to
best commercial advantage, without prejudice to the health and safety of
employees, sub-contractors or the public at large and taking into full account
- Lead and drive the training and development of the Site Engineering team.
- Manage, supervise, train and mentor the site team to enable them to optimise their work contribution.
- Review contractual agreements and develop design, working methods, programme and forecast costs with the
- Construction Manager, General Foreman and Subcontractors / Suppliers identifying any inaccuracies or inconsistencies, and feedback any changes made to the QA and QS teams.
- Develop programmes and forecast budgets, assess actual programme and productivity achieved and review weekly, taking action where appropriate, and reporting any changes to the project manager and QS department.
- Be fully conversant with subcontractors contract conditions, develop job specific subcontract conditions and manage the subcontractors account with the QS team
- Requisitioning resources in a timely manner to ensure that they are correctly specified and readily available so as not to impede the construction programme.
- Communicate to the QA and QS teams non-conformances and any instructions received from the client / designer / RE’s staff. Ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors’ attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / RE / project team.
- Ensure that inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works are reviewed, approved and adhered to.
- Keep abreast of developments in professional field
- Produce monthly reports for financial forecasting, monitoring and control of project cost
- Interfacing with internal and external stakeholders
- Key point of contact for clients for project progress
- Set the highest example for Health and Safety Requirements
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HND in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering
- Understanding of Engineering Principles
- Knowledge and Understanding of construction contract law and forms of contract through experience and formal training.
- Extensive technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system, Primavera software).
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management
the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies,
Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations
and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are
implemented on the project.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
STRABAG demonstrates their leading role in tunnelling with the execution of large international projects. Our technical and organisational know-how as well as years of comprehensive experience offer our clients a guarantee for safe and technically perfect project implementation. We offer various tunnel building methods and continuously adapt and perfect these to address the specific problems of each individual project.