As a Design Coordinator, you will work
alongside Design Manager to control and manage design activities of a 20km TBM
The Design Coordinator will be part of a design team on large scale projects and will work closely with tunnelling, multi-disciplinary design team and contractor team members.
As Design CoordinatorTBM Tunnelling) you will be responsible for activities including:
· Assist in the day to day management and coordination of the design elements of the tunnel packages, including completion of verification (checking), technical review, interdisciplinary checking and review.
· Assist Design Manager in planning and controlling of design progress, checking compliance with mandatory review processes, setting up and minuting design meetings and configuration reporting.
· Monitoring delivery of the required documentation, maintenance of the client’s comments and close outs management.
· Monitoring design technical registers such as assumptions, departures, registers.
· Prepare presentations for design meetings and occasionally chair the meetings.
· Assist in technical reviews. Record, monitor and coordinate design team actions.
General (All Employees)
· Work in the spirit of the company’s core values, contributing to best practice.
· Participate in, and positively promote, the STRABAG AG UK core values
· Undertake any reasonable duties expected of you.
· Carry out all work in accordance with health and safety and any other legal requirements
· Ensure compliance with the Company policies and procedures
· Manage the performance of all employees assigned to you in accordance with legislation and company procedures.
· Attend and engage fully in any learning and development activities that are deemed appropriate by your line management.
· Participate and engage fully in company appraisal/performance review processes and constantly work to improve your individual, your team and the wider group’s performance.
Engineering / Design Management
Min Experience: 2y+
Required Education: BEng or MSc in Civil / Structural / Geotechnical / Ground Engineering
ideal candidate will have:
· Keen to progress and develop into a design manager role.
· Passion for large infrastructure projects.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Experienced in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
· Understand CDM obligations and assist in ongoing reviews
· 1-2 years experience in a similar railway project.