We’re looking for a passionate and tenacious person
to join the SCS People Team to project manage our equality, diversity and
inclusion activities on our HS2 Main Works project.
(6 month fixed term contract - with possibility to move to permanent)
The successful candidate will have the opportunity
to shape the Skanska, Costain and Strabag EDI strategy and lead innovative interventions
to enhance our EDI.
This will include:
Activities to diversify our workforce as the project team rapidly grows.
Set EDI aspirations for our supply chain.
Support our teams and suppliers to meet HS2 EDI obligations.
- Lead innovative diversity initiatives across the project (including supply chain) to support our recruitment challenge. For example: Return to Work program for senior hires, engagement with ex-military, creating work trials for disadvantaged groups.
- Promote good relations and practices towards different minority groups. Develop and support cultural change initiatives across the project to enhance inclusion by assessing needs, promoting cohesion and raising awareness of equality issues.
- Support the procurement of a people database to monitor the protected characteristics of all employees engaged on the works.
- Produce informative EDI reports for our management team and Board; present ideas to improve performance alongside key data.
- Implement EDI policies and procedures that comply with relevant statutory and legal obligations set out in the Equality Act 2010, all other applicable laws, and HS2’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and workshops to staff, stakeholders and supply chain.
- Develop and implement an EDI Supply Chain Plan that maximises subcontractor diversity and participation in the supply chain. Provide evidence and records to demonstrate the promotion of EDI in procurement, including evidence and records from subcontractors.
- Develop and implement an EDI Training Plan to ensure employees, subcontractors and suppliers understand EDI issues that arise in the workplace and how they impact their roles. Produce quarterly progress reports on the EDI Training Plan, including the number of new employees, subcontractors and other suppliers who have undergone training.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.