Community Engagement Manager - HS2
The Community Engagement Manager (CEM) will be embedded into an area-based
delivery team to deliver the project’s communications strategy and develop plans
for engaging with all stakeholders, the local community and the public, acting
as the primary point of contact and the professional face of the project for
the community within the defined geographic area.
The CEM will report to the Community Engagement Team Leader for all functional
development, strategic direction and route-wide issues, as well as HR matters,
but on a day to day basis within the area, will report to the Stakeholder
& Consents Area Manager to ensure the needs of both the integrated project delivery
team, the client and the local community are met.
The CEM will proactively protect the
client’s, the company’s and the project’s reputation within the community, to ensure
stakeholder concerns are understood and addressed as far as possible, helping
to ensure that the project meets its obligations and behaves as a considerate
neighbour at all times.
The Community Engagement Manager is responsible for:
- Support the development of an integrated community engagement and public relations strategy for the whole project
- Develop and deliver effective local engagement and communications plans for the project within a defined geographic area
- Work as part of an area delivery team to review construction impacts and minimise effects on stakeholders, and deliver training and briefings to support this
- Support HS2 to promote a positive image of the project and raise public awareness of the benefits of the project
Lead the delivery of community engagement events within your area, supporting HS2 by drafting materials, undertaking event management e.g. drop-ins, exhibitions
- Presenting key messages to the community through a variety of media, including leaflets, posters, webpages, face-to-face discussions, site visits and presentations at public events
- Record and respond to all complaints, queries, compliments and third party issues within performance requirements, ensuring at all times that messages are consistent and appropriate
Assist with periodic reporting on community related matters
- Build and nurture positive relationships with all community stakeholders to add value to the delivery of the project by being a good neighbour and embedding ourselves in the community
- Assist with identifying potentially sensitive situations and with reporting them appropriately within the project and client’s teams, contributing the development and implementation of effective emergency plans
- Support the projects compliance with the Undertakings and Assurances, assisting on delivering compliance for all community related commitments
- Engage proactively with local education establishments and interest groups, and work with colleagues in Skills, Education & Employment to identify opportunities for the community
- Assist with the delivery of the project’s Community Investment and Legacy programme, working with colleagues to realise investment in legacy projects
- Proactively engage in wider HS2 activities, attending contractor forums, supporting collaborative opportunities and sharing best practice and lessons learned
Required qualifications, skills, behaviors and attributes
- Experience of the construction industry
- Relationship management experience in a community engagement role
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Credible communicator / presenter with large groups of people
- Proven ability in effectively dealing with challenging situations and conflict resolution.
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-functional team
- Capability of using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Desirable Qualifications & Skills
- Member of Chartered Institute of Public Relations; undergoing CIPR CPD process towards higher accreditation
- Media experience / training
- Capability of use Microsoft Dynamics
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
STRABAG demonstrates their leading role in tunnelling with the execution of large international projects. Our technical and organisational know-how as well as years of comprehensive experience offer our clients a guarantee for safe and technically perfect project implementation. We offer various tunnel building methods and continuously adapt and perfect these to address the specific problems of each individual project.
Weitere interessante Jobs