Community Engagement Advisor- HS2
Reporting to the Head of Consents & Engagement,
the Community Engagement Advsior will develop and deliver an integrated public engagement strategy for engaging with the local
communities directly affected by the HS2 project, and with the wider public. The
Team Leader will develop and lead a Community Engagement team who will provide
a flexible community engagement service across three distinct delivery areas
in separate geographic locations. The Team Leader will manage all functional development,
strategic planning and route-wide issues, as well as resource management across
the community engagement team, but the community engagement managers will
report on a day to day basis to the Stakeholder & Consents Area Manager
in each area to ensure the needs of both the integrated project delivery team,
the client and the local community are met.
The Community Engagement team will work closely with the client’s core
engagement service teams and act as the primary contact and the professional
face of the project across the line of route. The Team Leader will ensure
that the team proactively protect
the client’s, the JV and parent companies’ and the project’s reputation
within the community through the formulation and effective management of
communication plans and materials to help nurture all third party relationships.
The Community Engagement Advisor is responsible
- Develop an integrated community engagement strategy for the project
- Coordinate the development and implementation of effective engagement and communications plans for the overall project and each of the delivery areas, and supervise their delivery, working collaboratively with the Stakeholder & Consents Area Managers to prioritise and balance workloads.
- Facilitate proactive team involvement with the interface and delivery teams to review construction impacts and minimise effects on all stakeholders
- Support HS2 to promote a positive image of the project and raise public awareness of the benefits of the project, presenting a unified ‘face of the project’
- Support HS2 through any public consultation or engagement; drafting materials, delivering training and briefings, undertaking event management e.g. exhibitions
- Take responsibility as principal point of contact for all community-related information, and support the project and client Communications/Media teams by providing input for any external corporate messaging.
- Build and nurture positive relationships with all stakeholders to add value to the delivery of the project by being a good neighbour and embedding ourselves in the community
- Be aware of and monitor project sensitivities and areas of conflict or protest, consider implications and advise senior personnel of potential issues, contributing the development and implementation of effective emergency plans
- Review and assess the nature of complaints, queries, compliments and third party issues to report on performance matters and recommend measures for improvement
- Supervise the keeping of statistical evidence of performance to contractual standards, and manage a consistent and regular reporting process
- Develop a strong and effective Community Engagement team, leading by example and building on individual’s skills and potential through support and mentoring
- Support the projects compliance with the Undertakings and Assurances, leading on delivering compliance for all community related commitments
- Lead proactive involvement with local education establishments and interest groups, and work with colleagues in Skills, Education & Employment to identify development opportunities for the community
- Support and develop the project’s Community Investment and Legacy programmes, working with the leadership team and commercial colleagues to realise investment in legacy projects
- Proactively engage in wider HS2 activities, attending contractor forums, identifying collaborative opportunities and sharing best practice and lessons learned
Required Qualifications & Skills
Experience of the construction industry, preferably in the rail / transport sector
Relationship management experience in a community engagement role
Exceptional interpersonal skills
Credible communicator / presenter with large groups of people
Understand the pressures and constraints of working in and around differing strategic and political agencies
Experience of working in a matrix organisation and managing conflicting priorities
Proven ability in effectively dealing with challenging situations and conflict resolution.
Proven ability to work under pressure
Ability to identify the larger picture
Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-functional team
Experience of leading and developing a team
Capability of using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
Familiarity with Freedom of Information and Data Protection requirements
Desirable Qualifications & Skills
Member of Chartered Institute of Public Relations; undergoing CIPR CPD process towards higher accreditation
Media experience / training
Capability of use Microsoft Dynamics
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
STRABAG demonstrates their leading role in tunnelling with the execution of large international projects. Our technical and organisational know-how as well as years of comprehensive experience offer our clients a guarantee for safe and technically perfect project implementation. We offer various tunnel building methods and continuously adapt and perfect these to address the specific problems of each individual project.
Weitere interessante Jobs