Engineer (x2) – HS2 - London
The Engineer will report to the Senior Engineer/Sub Agent.
- Initially working with Section teams planning and producing sketches and methodologies for relevant plans and procedures for mobilising.
- Setting up work sites with GF/ Works manager
- Working with the subcontractor to ensure the timely preparation Risk Assessment Method Statements,Inspection and
- Test Plans, Permits, Consents etc for the works and that these are implemented.
- Day to day work site coordination and planning to ensure the works are carried out safely and efficiently
- Ensuring Permit to Dig, Temporary Works and other safey systems are implemented
- Liaison with the Section Foreman to ensure the adherence to safe methods of work.
- Ensuring all temporary works needs are identified sufficiently early and completed in accordance with the relevant procedures.
- Ensuring all quality checks are carried out in accordance with the ITP’s and properly recorded.
- The management of non-conformance reporting and managing the nonconformances on site until complete.
- Provide support, assistance, and information to other teams as necessary such as Community Relations, Highways, and Logistics.
Health, Safety & Environment:
- Ensuring health and safety is given the highest priority in the delivery of the works
- Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies
- Ensure that the Health Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures are effectively communicated to the workforce and implemented
- Work collaboratively with the HS2 team and other contractors, subcontractors works packages to achieve the overall project goals
- Update the 4 week programme
- Managing the supply chain to ensure that they deliver in an efficient way and in accordance with the Safety,
- Environmental and Quality requirements
- Understands the scope of the works and can identify change
- Promoting the pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement, driving innovation, adopting best practice, standard processes and procedures
- Ad hoc duties as required by the job
Qualifications & Skills:
- Degree or equivalent in Civil / Environmental engineering or similar
- Prior experience in Civil engineering / Infrastructure projects especially experience in construction of reinforced concrete structures.
- Relevant CSCS Card
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Please note: Currently we are unable to offer sponsorship therefore all applicants are requested to ensure they can demonstrate their right to work in the UK.
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
STRABAG demonstrates their leading role in tunnelling with the execution of large international projects. Our technical and organisational know-how as well as years of comprehensive experience offer our clients a guarantee for safe and technically perfect project implementation. We offer various tunnel building methods and continuously adapt and perfect these to address the specific problems of each individual project.