Engineering Manager - HS2 - London
The Engineering Manager, reporting to the Area Lead, will be responsible for the day to day management of
engineering within one area of the Lots S1 & S2 Main Works Civils Contract.
The Engineering Manager will co-ordinate and manage all Engineering related activities and resources and
ensure the timely production of deliverables.
Job location: Holborn/Old Oak Common
This role will evolve as the project develops through design to construction.
- Lead the internal interface between the Design, Construction and Temporary Works teams
- Review design information and construction methodology
- Review design and construction programmes
- Participate in detailed design development
- Ensure a high standard of health and safety during both design and construction
- Liaise with HS2 representatives, other Main Works Civil Contracts, Railway Systems Contract(s), stakeholders and interfacing parties
- Manage and chair interdisciplinary checks and interdisciplinary reviews
- Co-ordinate Instrumentation and Monitoring requirements
- Understand the HS2 and SCS Environment and Sustainability policies and ensure that the requirements are implemented on the project
Required qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes;
- Chartered (or near Chartered) member of the ICE or equivalent (essential)
- Engineering or Design Management experience (essential)
- (High speed) rail experience (desirable)
- Tunnelling experience (desirable)
- Temporary works experience (desirable)
- Interface management experience (desirable)
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Please note: Currently we are unable to offer sponsorship therefore all applicants are requested to ensure they can demonstrate their right to work in the UK.
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
STRABAG demonstrates their leading role in tunnelling with the execution of large international projects. Our technical and organisational know-how as well as years of comprehensive experience offer our clients a guarantee for safe and technically perfect project implementation. We offer various tunnel building methods and continuously adapt and perfect these to address the specific problems of each individual project.