Buyer - Supply Chain Coordinator HS2
The supply chain assurance coordinator is expected to support the supply chain lead in
delivering an assured and sustainable supply chain. The role will be
responsibility for developing and acting on the assurance, collaborating with
the HS2 supply chain hub and sustainability strategy in accordance with ISO
- Encourage strong supplier relationships through supplier engagement and multiple stakeholders
- Support the SCM lead by enhancing process and championing lean thinking throughout the supply chain strategy, key trades, assurance, procurement strategy, procurement and performance management
- Maintain collaborative relationships with the supply chain, HS2 SCM hub and NGO originations such as the supply chain sustainability school
- Attending HS2 working groups on sustainability and community supply chain investment
- Lead supplier sustainability forums in sharing best practice and upskilling the supply chain
- Support the supplier development strategy and lead on elements of implementation
- Support the development of the sustainable procurement strategy and policy
- Coordinating assurance and capacity requirements with the other Main works civil contractors
Required qualifications, skills,
behaviors and attributes
- Strong interpersonal skills and robust appreciation of relationship management
- Collaborative skills and a willingness to work towards MICW accreditation
- Good knowledge and practical experience of developing, implementing, maintaining and improving supplier relationships, performance and assurance
- Self-motivated with the ability to work proactively using own initiative.
- Good understanding of the construction market.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to work accurately in a busy and demanding environment.
understanding of ISO 20400 or sustainable procurement
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Please note: Currently we are unable to offer sponsorship therefore all applicants are requested to ensure they can demonstrate their right to work in the UK.
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
STRABAG demonstrates their leading role in tunnelling with the execution of large international projects. Our technical and organisational know-how as well as years of comprehensive experience offer our clients a guarantee for safe and technically perfect project implementation. We offer various tunnel building methods and continuously adapt and perfect these to address the specific problems of each individual project.