The PMO Director Area East is responsible for leading and
co-ordination all Programme Management disciplines within the Area East scope. The
role ensures there is collaboration between the functional leads in Area East
and the construction delivery teams with the aim of a delivery of the project
in the right quality, in time and on budget, Reporting to the Area East Project
Director. The role encompasses the following functions, Quality Assurance,
Business Improvement, Technical Assurance, SHWE, Environment and
Sustainability, Logistics, Security and Technical Interfaces. The PMO Director
will sit on the Area East Senior Leadership Team and be a joint-deputy Project
Area East PMO Director is responsible for:
- Providing leadership through membership of the area SLT, setting exemplar standards and visual leadership
- Liaison with Construction delivery team, QA team, Commercial team, Planner and Cost control to provide relevant functional guidance and control
- Ensuring that central functional teams are conversant with the delivery programme and constraints/opportunities/risks therein
- Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies
- Management and monitoring of functional performance for the Area East Scope, including any agreed KPIs.
- Management of budgets and costs pertaining to the functional teams for the Area East.
- Ensuring that the works are carried out in accordance with the Health & Safety Management Plan, which is to be audited in accordance with the Quality Plan
- Ensuring that environmental and sustainability deliverables are achieved.
- Producing and maintaining a ‘Works Information Deliverable schedule’ and ensuring this is complied to.
- Delivering Business Improvement opportunities and reporting performance against cost and benefit.
- Ensuring timely completion of Technical Assurance activities and monitoring against the MiDiP.
- Promoting and delivering against HS2’s Strategic Objective, where applicable.