Engineering Manager I&M HS2
The primary role of Engineering Manager (I&M) focuses on the
technical aspects of construction. The Engineering Manager (I&M) maintains a position that is independent to
the delivery team, in order that they can provide independent judgment and intervene
if necessary to stop works in the case of significant change to construction
methodology, sequencing, temporary works or impact on permanent works,
or if excessive ground movements are indicated.
The role provides further opportunity to support the Engineering Manager
responsible for ground treatment, grouting and dewatering
Engineering Manager (I&M) will be responsible for a particular
section of the project and will report to the Area Lead Engineering Manager.
Key responsibilities: This role will principally
cover the following areas:
- Verifying centrally specified I&M arrangements are suitable, appropriate and sufficient to meet the requirements of the specification
- Identifying any further I&M requirements that are required due to change in circumstances or methodology and for any further or additionnal construction requiorements, particularly temporary works and scenarios
- Ensure TW design briefs refer to related Ground Movement Assessments (GMAs)
- Assist in production of GMAs for additionnal temporary works
- Provide support for procurement of any further or additionnal I&M requirements
- Liaise with design, construction and I&M teams to ensure requirements are installed, commissioned and operational
- Agree methodolgy of data collection (automated v manual) dependant on construction stages, importance, accessability etc
- Liaise with the central core I&M team
- Lead regular technical and managerial meetings with specialist, design, construction monitoring teams of both contractor and client
- Managing the prediction and monitoring of ground movements against predicted values
- Managing monitoring data to provide warnings and historical reports
- Provide reports demonstrating outputs from monitoring and actions taken
- Production and implementation of emergency response plans to excessive ground movement
- Ensuring appropriate action is taken in response to ground movement and/or damage to 3rd party assets, including utilities, sensitive buildings and rail infrastructure
- Ensuring the required attendance at ground movement review meetings and the production and distribution of reports
of support to the Engineering Manager responsible for ground treatment,
grouting and dewatering
- Managing the response to unexpected ground conditions
- Managing design / construction packages such as grouting and dewatering
- Liaising with design and construction teams for all ground treatment works and interventions
- Being a member of the Engineering Management
team provides opportunity to contribute into otrher aspects of this
discipline and provide direction advice and support to the design and
construction teams as appropriate.
qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes:
- Chartered (or near Chartered) member of the ICE or equivalent (desirable)
- Engineering or Design Management experience (essential)
- Construction experience (essential)
- Rail experience (desirable)
- Temporary works experience(desirable)
- Management of ground movement experience (desirable)
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Please note: Currently we are unable to offer sponsorship therefore all applicants are requested to ensure they can demonstrate their right to work in the UK.
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
STRABAG demonstrates their leading role in tunnelling with the execution of large international projects. Our technical and organisational know-how as well as years of comprehensive experience offer our clients a guarantee for safe and technically perfect project implementation. We offer various tunnel building methods and continuously adapt and perfect these to address the specific problems of each individual project.
Weitere interessante Jobs